Cybersecurity for New and Existing Building Automation Systems
Today, Operation Technology (OT) in buildings is becoming smarter and more connected through its Building Automation Controllers (BACs) and Building Management Systems (BMSs). These systems can also include access controls, environmental controls, and the OT connection to the IoT. This inter-connectivity enables automation and efficiencies but also creates security exposures that pose significant occupant safety, financial and reputational risks.
Veridify’s DOME (Device Ownership Management and Enrollment) solution is designed to address new and existing systems with tools that allow the retrofitting of security to your current building systems. Plus, DOME works with industry-specific protocols like BACnet, Fieldbus, Modbus and KNX. DOME does not replace a building's current platform. Instead, it complements existing solutions and works seamlessly across multiple vendors, devices, and processors.
For Building Automation applications, DOME’s simplicity and scalability is used to secure the thousands of connected devices often found in a commercial building or multi-building campus, regardless of the device size or operating system. DOME can address even the smallest, low-resource connected devices often found at the edge of in-building IoT networks, which are often unsecured. In this context, DOME is used to cost-effectively ensure every device in an automated building can be onboarded, managed, transferred, and retired with the security necessary to create a safe and trusted environment.
Key Benefits of DOME Cybersecurity for Building Automation
- Secure zero-touch provisioning of data and configuration settings in the field
- Provides sensor the ability to quickly authenticate their owner with no cloud or third-party
- Each device pedigree captured in a blockchain
- Ability to transfer ownership of a device an unlimited number of times
- Supports legacy and quantum-resistant methods
- DOME Client deployable as software with support for ultra-low-resource processors
- Compatible with BACnet SC
Contact a Veridify Security expert today