Making Buildings and Industrial IoT Cyber Safe
Physical systems for building automation and industrial processes are being connected to the Internet at a growing rate creating Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) that now manage critical processes and controls. This high level of connection makes CPS and the controllers and equipment and running on Operational Technology (OT) networks increasingly susceptible to cyberattacks.
We will review the different types of cybersecurity that can be deployed in both new and existing facilities, including Veridify’s DOME™ SaaS platform, developed with our partners Intel and AWS.
Scaling at the Edge – Making Industrial IoT and Smart Buildings Cyber Safe
Veridify’s cybersecurity uses technology from Intel and industrial computing hardware from Advantech. Veridify and Advantech were invited by Intel to participate in Intel’s “Scaling at the Edge” video series. Please click the image or link below to watch on the Intel website.
Cybersecurity to the Edge for Smart Building Infrastructure
A fundamental challenge to securing smart buildings, or any building large enough to have a building automation system, is how to protect devices so that they reject cyber attacks in real-time. Rejecting a cyber attack in real-time is different than reporting on a traffic anomaly in that it stops an attack from happening. Monitoring and alerting from anomaly is useful, but is only capable of informing about a potential false alarm or after an intrusion has occurred. Device-level protection, using a NIST Zero Trust framework, uses mutual authentication, a secure tunnel and encrypted communications to secure the device.
Future-Proof Cybersecurity for Smart Buildings and the Industrial IoT
This video is part of a webinar on cybersecurity for Smart Buildings, Smart Cities, and Industrial IoT. This segment is the part specific to providing cyber protection for smart buildings, building automation, operational technology (OT) networks, and industrial IoT with DOME by Veridify Security.
Webinars & Presentations Archive
- Why YOU Should Care About Medical Device Security, from Elektronica 2020 - Steven Dean, Director of Business Marketing, ON Semi, details the importance of medical device security. He discusses real-world industry events to help you understand your risks - Access the Webinar
- Ask the IoT Security Experts: Designing and Deploying Secure RISC-V Solutions, For this session, the team was joined by David Lee, from our partner SiFive, and we discussed Designing and Deploying Secure RISC-V Solutions. The webinar covered several interesting topics including opportunities made possible by SiFive’s RISC-V processors and development platform, why effective security is difficult to implement on many IoT devices, how we have partnered with SiFive to address this challenge, much more. May 2019 - Access the Webinar
- Ask the IoT Security Experts: How to Protect and Update Your Firmware in a Dangerous World, This webinar included a mix of prepared content and discussion covering what you need to consider when securing device-to-device communications and effective secure boot and secure firmware update strategies for processors at the edge of the IoT. April 2019 - Access the Webinar
- Renesas RL78 MCU and Veridify: Securing Ultra Low-Power MCUs at the Edge of the IoT, Identification & authentication solution that meets the easy-to-deploy, low-power requirements of IoT edge nodes. December 2018 - Access the Webinar
- How to Design Future-Proof Security for Your IoT Devices, Watch the replay and download slides for the webinar hosted by Veridify, Intel, and Digi-Key to learn about security methods that are fast, flexible, and future-proof. May 2018 – Access the Webinar
- IoT Security for Constrained Devices: A Conversation with the Experts at Veridify, A Review of IoT Security Threats and the Challenges Associated with Securing Low-Resource Devices. July 2017 – Access the Webinar
- Rapid Implementation of Data Protection and Authentication Solutions for Constrained IoT Devices, Secure Your Devices in Two Days or Less. Watch the on-demand webinar and learn how to rapidly secure your devices with quantum-resistant, asymmetric cryptography. February 2017 – Access the Webinar
- Quantum-Resistant Cryptography for the IoT: A Technical Deep Dive on the Mathematics Behind Veridify’s Solutions, A Technical Deep Dive on the Mathematics Behind Veridify's Solutions. This is a technical overview of Veridify's protocol implementations and performance metrics for low-resource devices. December 2016 – Access the Webinar
- How to Keep Smart Things Secure: Latest Tools for IoT Authentication and Data Protection, November 2016 – Access the Webinar
- "Challenges in Securing the IoT in a Post‐Quantum World," Louis Parks (CEO, Veridify), ETSI Security Week, June 20, 2019. Access the Presentation
- "A Future-Proof Performance Enhancement for Secure MCUboot," Derek Atkins (CTO, Veridify), Embedded World, February 28, 2019. Access the Presentation
- "Security Essentials for IoT Product Developers," Louis Parks (CEO, Veridify) and Derek Atkins (CTO, Veridify), Intel Global IoT DevFest, November 7, 2017. Access the Presentation
- "A Light-Weight, Quantum-Resistant IoT Authentication Solution," Derek Atkins (CTO, Veridify), Connect Security World 2017, September 26, 2017. Access the Presentation
- "The Challenges of Securing and Authenticating Embedded Devices and a Suggested Approach for RISC-V," Derek Atkins (CTO, Veridify), 5th RISC-V Workshop, Google, November 29-30, 2016. – Access the Presentation
- "Walnut Digital Signature Algorithm: A Lightweight, Quantum-Resistant Signature Scheme for Use in Passive, Low-Power, and IoT Devices," Derek Atkins (CTO, Veridify), NIST Lightweight Cryptography Workshop 2016, October 18, 2016. — Access the Presentation
- "A Lightweight, Highly Performant Public Key Exchange," Derek Atkins (CTO, Veridify), Crypto 2015 Rump Session, 35th International Cryptology Conference, August 18, 2015 – Access the Presentation
- "Algebraic Eraser: A Lightweight, Efficient Asymmetric Key Agreement Protocol for Use in No-Power, Low-Power, and IoT Devices," Derek Atkins and Paul E. Gunnells, NIST Lightweight Cryptography Workshop 2015, July 20-21, 2015. – Access the Presentation
- "The Algebraic Eraser: A Linear Asymmetric Protocol for Low-Resource Environments," Derek Atkins (CTO, Veridify), IETF-92 CFRG: The Internet Engineering Task Force Crypto Forum Research Group, March 25, 2015. – Access the Presentation
- "The Arti Feistel-Symmetric Cipher," Presentation to Center for Communications Research (CCR), Dr. Dorian Goldfeld, November 7, 2014. Access the Presentation